PRODUCT OF THE WEEK: Starrett Force Measurement Testing Systems – For Medical Device Manufacturers
Helping You Make Your Products Better.
Our new Starrett force measurement systems exemplify the craftsmanship and quality synonymous with all Starrett products. Since 1880, Starrett has helped leading global manufacturers make better products through innovation, advanced measurement technologies and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Starrett force measurement systems are optimized for demanding, high-volume manufacturing environments. Our systems are designed to help you improve your testing while increasing productivity, production yields and product quality.
The Better Solution for Force Measurement.
The Starrett FMS Series is a family of new and innovative force measurement systems. Available in four load capacities, these universal testing systems are ideal for general purpose force testing, demanding high-volume production testing, and exacting quality control testing.
Starrett force measurement systems are your solution for tensile, compression, flexural, shear, coefficient of friction, and cyclic testing. You can easily and efficiently perform push/pull testing, break testing, constant hold testing or tests that muse meet international testing standards from ASTM, ISO, BS, DIN and others.
The FMS Series consist of a single-column electro-mechanical testing frame, combined with our L2 Series digital controller and a Starrett load cell sensor.
Features & Specifications
- Universal Testing
- Tension, Compression, Cyclic, Flexural, Shear, Creep, Peel, COF
- Four Load Capacities: 500N, 1kN, 2.5kN and 5kN
- 0.001 to 50.0 in/min (0.02 to 1270mm/min) Test Speed
- Outstanding Measurement Accuracies
- Better than 0.1% Load Measurement Accuracy
- Smart Load Cell Sensors per IEEE 1451-4
- Better than 0.2% Speed Rate Accuracy
- Meets or Exceeds ASTM E4
- Innovative User Interface
- Multi-touch Color Tablet PC Operation
- Test Templates for Simple Testing
- Advanced Test Builder for Complex Testing
- Test to Internationally Recognized Test Methods
- ASTM Test Methods
- BS Test Methods
- DIN Test Methods
- ISO Test Methods
- Lead Manufacturing & System Integration
- Compact Footprint
- Interface with I/O Devices
- CE Compliant
For Medical Device Manufacturers.
Advances in medical devices increase life expectancy and improved the way we live and recreate. Medical device researchers are continually evaluating products and materials.
Medical adhesives, syringes, artificial skin, foam orthotics, stents, medical gloves and other products require critical and exacting measurements prior to commercialization.
Starrett FMS Series can be used to test medical devices for their form, fit and function. Because of their ease of use and ability to create sophisticated test methods using our L2 Series software, FMS Series systems are ideal for medical device manufacturers. The ability to measure, analyze and collect data for exporting to quality control applications or to a network, make the FMS Series a cost-effective solution for medical device manufacturers around the world.
FMS Series solve these testing problems and more…
- Syringe Test
- Plunger Force Test
- Tissue Test
- Adhesive Strength Packaging
- Tissue Adhesive
- Needle Insertion
- Stent Dislodgement
- ASTM F88 – Seal Strength
- ASTM F382 – Metalic Bone Plates
- ASTM F451 – Bone Cement Strength
- ASTM F564 – Metallic Bone Staples
- ASTM F1828 – Ulteral Stents
- ASTM F1839 – Foam Devices
- ASTM F1874 – Sutures Bend Test
- ASTM F2009 – Dissassembly Force Taper Connects
- ASTM F2079 – Stents Tensile Strength
- ASTM F2132 – Puncture Resistance
- ASTM F2183 – Punch Testing
- ASTM F2255 – Lap Shear Testing
- ASTM F2256 – Tissue Adhesives
- ASTM F2258 – Tissue Adhesives
- ASTM F2392 – Burst Strength Sealant
- ASTM F2458 – Closure Strength
- ASTM F2477 – Stents Strength
- ASTM F2502 – Plates & Screws
- ASTM F2516 – Tensile Nitinol Wire
- ASTM F2606 – Bend Vascular Stent
- ASTM D6319 – Medical Gloves
- BS EN 455-2 – Medical Gloves
- ISO 7886-1 – Hypodermic Syringe
- ISO 14879 – Tibial Trays
- ISO 11193 – Medical Gloves
Grand Rapids Metrology is Michigan’s premire source for measurement solutions and has provided sales, service, calibration and rental of weighing and measuring equipment since 1922. GRM is a proud distributor of Mitutoyo metrology equipment. Please contact www.grmetrology.com for additional information and product request forms.